Friday 15 May 2009

He liked it!

So, I gave the first two chapters of my manuscript to the professor guy - from here on known as 'L', because I have a feeling his surname begins with an L - and then wandered over to a different table in the library in order to do some revision. About five minutes later he came over, and said he'd only read the first couple of paragraphs but that he loved the opening and thought I had a really great voice! So, I was very pleased, and got back to my revision with a smile.

Then, about five minutes after that, he came over again, and asked me for my email address so that he could email me some feedback. I gave it to him, and then he came over again and asked whether it was based on my life. I said no, it's purely fictional, and he said that that was even more impressive, as it seemed so realistic and plausible that he thought it was! Eek!

Saw him again today, as I was in school for an exam, and he said that he hadn't got round to reading the rest yet - he assured me it wasn't that it was unimportant, he was just very busy - but that he was going to read it over the weekend and give me some feedback. So I'm looking forward to what he has to say!

On other book news, a friend of the family heard I'd written a book, and begged to be able to read it - so I'm sending him chapters as I edit them. He's loving it too, which is really positive, as he's definitely not the target audience, and said I paint a very vivid picture, and he can't wait to find out what happens next. It's great to know that people don't just think it's rubbish!

The editing's going well - having someone badgering me for chapters is really useful - and I should have it ready for some beta readers ready soon! 14/38 chapters edited so far! I'll update as soon as I hear back from L :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so awesome. I'm mucho happy for you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Glad you're getting such good feedback and the editing is going well.

    Hugs,
    Moll x x

    ReplyDelete